My feels have been taking alot lately - the HAVEN season-ender last night snuck up on my feels and hit them upside the head. Before that, on Monday, LOST reruns just had to coincide with FRINGE ending by airing ‘The Incident’+‘LAX’. Where - get this - they attempt to reset time so the plane doesn’t crash! But what’s done is done. What happened, happened. Is this what we’re facing now as well, in some form or another?
- Therefor my feels got their collective ass kicked not just from Suliet (again); but from something I’d been fearing for Polivia since it was revealed that Peter was from Over There - and then this aired on LOST and didn’t help matters:
That I’m STILL not 100% sure/trusting that it won’t happen something like Juliet says - that what they had was more than what they were supposed to have, at least in this reality. Echoes of “Peter disappearing would have been a satisfying series ending” in my head… not pleased.
- Or perhaps the reset will be, not to the park; but to what as has been feared - that Peter will not be brought Over Here. But as I’ve said before: maybe they still meet at some point, even as kids. Maybe Olivia stays Over There.
Here’s a fave fanfic that’s wonderful (ALL in this post are wonderful IMHO) that illustrates in ‘6B’/S4 fashion how they would still get together. Since I believe P/O are multi-universally epic and all Os would meet and fall for all Ps and vice versa, barring one of them not being alive. Even if they are different from the other they - and we - knew because their pasts were different:
- While I no longer fear Peter having to stay Over There (since the time it was revealed he was from Over There), here’s a tale that put that fear into words:
- I’ve had a feeling that Walter wouldn’t survive the series ending since the first season’s end. Nothing shown since then has changed my feeling much. Here’s one that shows this, but it happened with Peter’s Machine.
Here’s another based on the current season, and closest to what I thought might happen - until I saw last week’s episode:
- An aspect in the above story made me love it even more (bonus P/O mind-meld trope I adore) Feeling nostalgic for how, back in the day, we thought the trajectory of the series was going, and what would be revealed as the past: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5049803/1/To-Be-A-Pair and http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5046537/1/The-Rest-of-the-Video
- Speaking of how, back in the day, we thought the trajectory of the series was going, this was the first fringefic archived at ff.net - within a week of The Pilot. It illustrates beautifully in short fashion - and stunningly prophetically - how the more things change, the more they stay the same:
- Of course if you want to get crazy - resurrection has always been an undercurrent theme. This doesn’t involve Walter as the subject, but still…
- Anna Torv, somewhere, somewhen, said in an article that she wouldn’t mind the series ending with a montage of glimpses into the rest of the multiverse’s Olivias.(verify? anyone?) I would love this, too.
This is one of the few I’ve found close to this idea:
http://yahtzee63.livejournal.com/458398.html :Can’t Get Next To You
- PS: with all the deaths I’m reminded of that Stargate:SG-1 episode ‘2010’.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il5it8CZgM4 (Sorry I couldn’t find a with-dialogue clip)
Is this a case of, like ‘White Tulip’, the deaths won’t matter because time will be reset?
I hope you enjoy the fics and, maybe, my thoughts.